10/03/2007
At the Emergent Gathering we decided that we need a space to interact on emerging parenting ideas - hence, this blog. So there's not much here at the moment, but it will get developed soon. We hope this can be a safe place to discuss how we can follow Christ as parents, integrating our emerging faith and practices in with how we raise our kids. This is a place to explore, to suggest, to share, to question, and to support. All are welcome (non-parents included!) to join the conversation here.
 
posted by Julie at 3:58:00 PM |


2 Comments:


At October 13, 2007 at 5:34 PM, Blogger Julene

I thought you might appreciate knowing of an author who has done interesting work with integrating Christian Faith and child rearing. Her name is Bonnie Miller-McLemore. She has a book called, "Let the Children Come". Her voice is one which would be heard very well in the Emerging conversation.

 

At October 22, 2007 at 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Thanks for this space to discuss these matters! I found you via Julie Clawson's blog.

My husband and I have chosen a parenting path not often followed by mainstream christian culture. We're also involved in a house church. So, yeah, we're "weird" to most others.

I hope this site can be a source of education and community for me as I pursue this off-the-beaten-path parenting adventure!